I’ve had a SIP handset now for about two weeks: a Budgetone 102 handset. Its not too bad, from what I can tell, but I am using a provider in Perth, SimTex, whichis around 400ms away RTT, and I am getting some bad audio on one side of the call.
Its so frustrating, that we constantly have to abandon the SIP phone and use the PSTN, at more expense. I’m connecting through Demon internet in London on a 512 DSL link., which should be plenty fast enough. The annoying thing is that my emails and now phone calls to SimTex have gone unanswered. Not a way to keep customers. TIme to start looking for other providers, or, put my own box in…. Asterisk rocks, and the PSTN cards arent that expensive… if I put a 1U box with an ISDN 30 card in each city…. I’d be a SIP-telco.
I found Cisco had a nice lit of SIP response codes.
Another swealteringly hot day in London. Andrea and I had tickets to The Footy Show being filmed live in London from Drury Lane Theatre, near Aldwych. We had a large inflatable kanaroo wearing our Aussie flag, which we waved at the camera from our 1st floor Grand Circle seats. Then it was back to work! Loads of fun.
Ever since I was stung on eBay a few years back for around AUD$ 500 worth of wireless equipment from some bastard in Deer Park, USA, I’ve not used eBay. But now I’m thinking of getting a few things:
- 75 – 300 mm Canon EF zoom lens, for my 300D digital SLR camera
- Wireless print server for my canon printer
- Ethernet web cam/video conference facility
Well, we’re almost there. A switch from static content to dynamically generated blog. As you can see, the recent photo sets I have uploaded are listed in the menu to the left, as is the static menu at the top, and the blog categories below. There is still a lot of tidying up to do here.
So, I’ll try and post stuff now and again. Hopefully to tie in with the pictures.
Well, the brakes on the car weren’t so good, to the point that it was more effective to try and ‘will’ the car to a halt by the sheer power of the mind in place of using either the pedal or the handbrake! Turns out the front pads were gone, and brake fluid had leaked on the rear ones making them ineffective. Luckily, its only about 150 quid to get it fixed.